NOTICE TO PLAYERS
- FORMAT: Each tournament is a 9-hole stroke play event. There will be separate divisions for age and ability levels. USGA Rules will apply.
- TEES: Each participant will play from the tees designated on their individual scorecard.
- THE ONE BALL RULE IS NOT IN EFFECT: Any ball may be used in this event; however the ball must appear on the USGA Conforming Ball List
- Rule 3-3 Doubt as to procedure: In stroke play only, when during play of a hole a competitor is doubtful of his rights or procedure, he/she may, without penalty, complete the hole with two balls. After the doubtful situation has arisen and before taking further action, the competitor must 1) announce to his marker or a fellow-competitor that he intends to play two balls and 2) which ball he wishes to count if the Rules permit. The player MUST report the facts of the situation to the Rules Committee before returning his score card. If he/she fails to do so he/she is disqualified.
- EMBEDDED BALL: “Through the green”, a ball that is embedded in its own pitch-mark in the ground may be lifted, without penalty, cleaned and dropped as near as possible to where it lay but not nearer the hole.
- IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS: Paved cart paths, irrigation control boxes, rock drainage areas, and restrooms are immovable obstructions. The competitor is entitled to free relief from their areas.
- CELL PHONES: Except for emergencies, cell phone use during a stipulated round is prohibited. First offense- Warning; Second Offense- Disqualification.
- ELECTRONIC MEASURING DEVICES: Electronic Measuring Devices are permitted for this competition. Those devices that measure wind and/or slope are not permitted even with those functions turned off. Penalty for breach is disqualification.
- CADDIES AND SPECTATORS: The YELLOW TEE division may always have a caddie! All other players are required to walk and carry their own clubs, or may use a push cart. Caddies are not permitted. Golf carts are used by volunteers to shuttle the players from greens to tees and to speed up pace of play when deemed appropriate by the committee. Spectators may rent carts through the golf course pro shop. All carts must stay on cart paths.
- AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION: Players shall walk at all times during the stipulated round. Exceptions: when authorized by a member of the SC Golf Center Staff. When crossing all roads make sure to check for on-coming traffic before crossing.
- OUT OF BOUNDS: Defined by a) nearest inside points of white stakes at ground level b) any and c) the inside edge of all public roads. The player must proceed under Rule 27-1.
- SCORING: Scorecards must be signed, attested, and returned to the official scoring area immediately following the completion of the player’s round. Scores are official when the player leaves the designated scoring area.
- SUSPENSION OF PLAY: Signaled by three short consecutive air horn blasts. Players in the process of playing a hole may complete the hole. Players in between the play of two holes must stop play immediately.
- SUSPENSION OF PLAY OF DANGEROUS SITUATION: Signaled by on long air horn blast. All players are informed of the suspension verbally. All play must cease immediately. All practice areas are closed during a suspension of play, until the Committee has declared them open again.
- RESUMPTION OF PLAY: Signaled by two short consecutive air horn blasts.
Local rules and Conditions of Competition
TEES: See scorecard for designated tee and hole assignment.
STROKE LIMIT: Once a player in any division reaches TRIPLE BOGIE they will be asked to pick their ball up and move on to the next hole.
BUNKERS: If a player’s ball comes to rest in a washout or casual water area in the bunker, the player is allowed free relief inside the bunker no closer to the hole. If there is no option to drop the ball, the player is allowed to drop outside of the bunker under penalty of one stroke no closer to the hole.
TIES: In the event of a tie for first place in each division, the tie will be broken with an on course sudden death playoff. Also, if there is a tie for first in the "Points Race" at the end of the series, the tie will be broken by an on course sudden death playoff.
RULES COMMITTEE: SC GOLF CENTER STAFF– Josh Jackson